Seasonal Outdoor Pool
The Iredell County Recreation Center’s Pool will open Monday, June 1 at 10am. Due to restrictions in place by Executive Order 141, operations will be conducted differently during the month of June.
- Capacity is limited to 25 patrons at a time (entire pool), on a reservation basis.
- Reservations need to be made within 24 hours of arrival, for 2.5-hour time blocks during the week, and 2-hour time blocks on weekends. Please be sure that you have a reservation before arriving at the pool.
- Physical distancing (6ft+) will be required when interacting with anyone outside of your immediate family, including in the pool.
- Patrons will need to bring their own chairs.
- Food and drinks are not permitted. Coolers are not allowed.
- Pool floats and toys will not be permitted.
- Patrons will be provided a designated area around the pool for their family, as well as any items brought in. We ask that patrons try to reduce contact with other areas as much as possible.
- Due to social distancing requirements and limited space, we are not allowing third-party group reservations at this time (such as camps, teams, etc).
- In order to reduce possible spread and contamination, we ask that patrons take out everything that they bring in (beverage bottles, chairs, towels, etc.)
- Pool entrance is located in the gate to the left of the Recreation Center entrance near the parking lot.
- Access to lockers and showers is located off of the pool deck.
Pool access is defined by three available options: 1) included with Annual Recreation Center Memberships, 2) purchase of a seasonal pool pass, or 3) public guests (day pass). Time blocks are in place to give adequate and fair access for all of the various types of users, due to the capacity limit of 25 patrons at a time.
The following time blocks will be available for reservation. Please note that some blocks will be reserved for those with annual memberships & season passes (no guests allowed), and others will be reserved for public guests. See the calendar below to view the time blocks:
- Monday-Friday time blocks
- Shift 1: 10am-12:30pm
- Shift 2: 1pm-3:30pm
- Shift 3: 4pm-6:30pm
- Saturday time blocks
- Shift 1: 8am-10am
- Shift 2: 10:30am-12:30pm
- Shift 3: 1pm-3pm
- Sunday time blocks
- Shift 1: 1pm-3pm
- Shift 2: 3:30-5:30pm
Front Desk Staff can help clarify any questions regarding reservations. Weather depending, the pool is scheduled to be open daily June 1- August 16, then open weekends only beginning August 22 through September 7, 2020.
- Ages 12 and under $4 (per shift)
- Ages 13 and above $5 (per shift)
Individual season pool passes are $125, changes to $85 on July 1
Family season pool passes are $250, changes to $170 on July 1
Pool access is included in Annual Recreation Center Memberships.
- Children 12 years old or younger must be supervised by a parent or responsible guardian at all times
- Patrons are not permitted to bring food and drinks into the pool. No coolers are allowed. Iredell County Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to inspect baggage or carry in parcels
- Swim Diapers are required for all children not yet toilet trained.
- No glass containers in or around pool
- No pets allowed, unless service animal
- Appropriate swimwear required. NO thong suits, cut-off jeans, swimming suits with buckles or rivets and other metal or sharp objects allowed.
- Swimwear allowed in locker room and pool area only.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- No running, rough play, or diving. No Horseplay!
- Swim only when lifeguard is on duty.
- Inflatable flotation devices are prohibited. Excluding swimmies.
- Persons with bandages, open cuts, wounds or communicable diseases are not allowed in the pool.
- Iredell County Recreation Department reserves the right to deny access to the pool for reasonable cause.