Iredell County Strategic Plan
Mission, Goals & Objectives
MISSION: Provide exceptional public services in an efficient and cost-effective manner to position Iredell County as a premiere community in which to live, work and raise a family.
VISION: Provide quality, cost-effective and customer focused public services in cooperation with the community and other governmental entities to promote a prosperous environment for our citizens through a comprehensive and inclusive approach to economic development, public safety and justice, education, general government and the public’s health and well-being.
- Provide adequate facilities to optimize education and support all three Iredell County education systems.
- Collaborate with Boards of Education to provide education system responsive to employer workforce needs and citizens aspirations.
- Coordinate with community and non-profit organizations, municipalities, state and federal governments to achieve education objectives.
Public Safety and Justice
- Provide adequate and cost effective space for public safety meeting federal and state requirements.
- Plan for, coordinate support and provide response for local disaster.
- Coordinate all aspects of Public Safety and Justice with municipalities, state and federal governments to provide responsive, cost effective and efficient administration of justice, and fire, rescue and emergency services to all of Iredell County.