Special Events & News
“Calls From Santa” Program
Imagine that magic moment when the telephone rings and the North Pole Operator tells a child they have a special phone call from Santa Claus!
Our annual “Calls From Santa” program will be here in December! This is a free program in which children (Approximate ages 3+) can receive a personal telephone call from Santa Claus.
||Tuesday, December 9th - English Calls
Thursday, December 11th - English and Spanish Calls
||5:30pm-9pm each evening
||Forms must be received in the Recreation Office by 5pm on Friday, December 5th in order to get to Santa in time.
Forms are accepted by postal mail or email (see below).
How this program works:
- Child registration forms are distributed in October/November to local school systems and daycares that choose to participate. The forms, in English and Spanish, are also available online (links above). The forms are sent to children ages 3-9, but other ages may participate if they believe in Santa (and will talk to Santa).
- Parents fill out and sign a form for each child. All forms must have a parent/guardian signature/acknowledgment in order to be sent to Santa.
- Forms are sent to “Santa’s Station” at the Iredell County Parks & Recreation office. We can receive registrations by mail or email (see contact information below).
- DEADLINE: Forms must be received to the Recreation Office by 5:00pm on Friday, December 5th. Late registration forms may not reach Santa in time.
- The “North Pole Operator” and “Santa” will make the call during the selected evening and time. Calls are brief, but provide children with a very exciting and memorable experience.
Information for parents:
- A parent/guardian signature is required on the child registration form. Forms without a parent/guardian signature (or acknowledgment in the signature field, or via email) will not be sent to Santa.
- Forms sent by email (completed and saved from the website) may use an electronic signature or typed name (if the parent name matches the email address it is sent from). Scanned and emailed forms are also accepted, plus forms sent through postal mail. We have had issues with faxed forms not being readable or not being received, so please do not fax the form.
- For forms sent by email, we will reply to confirm the form was received and is legible. Please make sure you save the PDF document (with your information entered) to your computer, then attach it to the email (blank forms don’t help Santa!).
- Forms must be received to the Recreation Office by 5:00pm on Friday December 5th. Late registration forms may not reach Santa in time.
- This call is FREE; however, NO LONG DISTANCE calls (from Statesville) will be made. (Charlotte phone numbers are long distance from Statesville. This includes Charlotte cell phone numbers).
- NO GIFTS are distributed during this event. This is only a phone call!
- Please make sure the child is home and awake during the date and time selected. Because of the volume of calls Santa must make, we can not guarantee that Santa will be able to try more than once.
- Santa and his helpers will try their best, but actual call times may vary based on demand. Santa’s Station gets VERY busy!
- Please only fill out one form per child. If you have more than one child who wishes to speak to Santa, please fill out one form per child, and send all forms together (especially if they are at the same phone number). Postal mail: staple together and mail in one envelope. Each form must have a parent/guardian signature. Do not mail forms separately if they are at the same number/location, as they may not get called at the same time if sent separately (and it is much more efficient for Santa to only have to call once!).
- Please make sure that you fill out the form legibly (especially the phone number!). Please provide an alternate phone number if possible.
- This information is used as Santa’s “reminder sheet” and for statistical data only. It will not be shared or distributed to outside sources. Forms are destroyed (shredded) after the program.
Volunteers make this program possible. We need help from you, your friends, family, neighbors, etc! If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering time to help as a North Pole Operator or Santa, please complete and return the Volunteer Form (above) or contact the Recreation office. We request that volunteers are at least 16 years old (under age 18 will be paired with a volunteer age 18+). THANK YOU!
Iredell County Parks and Recreation
PO Box 788
Statesville, NC 28687
- Phone: 704-878-3103
- Email: Jen Winters, Recreation Program Specialist, email@example.com
Top of Page
Outdoor Education Center Family Fun Day
Held semi-annually, in spring and fall. Watch for additional information to be posted soon!
Kim Gallyon Memorial Golf Tournament
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Statesville Country Club
- $65/Player, $260 /Team , Singles Welcome (Will Be Paired)
- Check-In 11:30 AM Start Time: 1:00 PM
- Format: 4-Person Captainâ€™s Choice
- Dinner Immediately Following Tournament
- Prizes: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place, Longest Drive, Closest to Pin, Hole-in-One
- Exciting Events: Door Prizes, 50/50 Raffle, Silent Auction
- Proceeds go to fund Iredell County Park Projects
Please Register by April 4, 2014
Kim Gallyon Memorial Website
Top of Page
Girls on the Run 5k
New Balance Girls on the Run 5k
presented by Iredell Health System
December 13th, 9:00 am
Catawba College, Salisbury, NC
Register online or day of race
For more information or to volunteer visit www.gotriredell.org.
Trails and Treats!
October 31st at Troutman ESC Park
Click here for details