• Lakeside Drive Pond - Statesville, NC
  • Carolina Balloon Fest - Statesville, NC
  • Christmas Lights in downtown Mooresville
  • Runners
  • Iredell County countryside in spring
  • Iredell County countryside in summer
  • Lake Norman
  • Lake Norman fall colors
  • Union Grove Milling Co. - Union Grove, NC
  • Downtown Statesville, NC
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Departments > Register of Deeds Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Register of Deeds Links


Historical Information



Iredell County Register of Deeds


Search Online Records

Purchase a Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate Online


Matt McCall, register of Deeds
Matt McCall,
Register of Deeds
Welcome to the Iredell County Register of Deeds website. The purpose of this site is to help our customers find the information they need in a user friendly manner.  On this site you will find an online database containing public records such as deeds, deeds of trust, powers of attorney, plats and other documents dating back to the 1700s.  These real estate documents are public record and available online.  To search, view and print these records, please visit our online document search above.  We also issue marriage licenses, certified birth certificates, death certificates, military discharges and administer oaths to notaries. 

It is my goal to continue to bring new technology to help give our customers the information they need quickly and easily.  Please call me or my staff if you need help or have questions.  By North Carolina law, this office can not prepare or assist with the preparation of legal documents.


Thank you,

Matthew J. McCall
Register of Deeds
View Matt McCall's profile on LinkedIn


Documents Filed
Documents Filed


UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) Information

Effective July 1, 2001 all UCC's are to be recorded in the Secretary of States office, except Fixture Filings which are recorded locally.

All UCC's fees are $38.00 for the 1st two pages
3 -10 pages $45.00
Over 10 pages $45.00 plus $2.00 for each page over 10

Checks should be made payable to: Iredell County Register Of Deeds

Our Mailing Address is: 201 East Water Street, Statesville, NC 28677

Fee Schedule (Set by General Statutes)

Recording Real Estate Instruments:  
  • Instruments in general (excluding deeds of trust and mortgages)
$26 first 15 pages;
$4 ea. add’l page
  • Deeds of trust and mortgages
$56 first 15 pages;
$4 ea. add’l page
  • Plats
$21 ea. sheet
  • Satisfaction instruments
No fee
  • Documents containing multiple instruments
Additional $10
  • Documents that are non standard (margins, two sided, etc)
Additional $25
  • Add’l subsequent instrument index reference on Assignments, each
Additional $10

UCC Records

  • One or two pages in writing
  • More than two pages in writing
$45 up to 10 pages;
$2 ea. page over 10
  • Filed electronically if permitted
  • Response to written request for information
  • Response to electronic request if permitted
  • Copy of statement
$2 ea. page

Marriage Licenses

  • Marriage license
  • Delayed marriage certificate, with one certified copy
  • Application or license correction with one certified copy
  • Marriage license certified copy

Other Records

  • Recording military discharge
No fee
  • Military discharge certified copy as authorized
No fee
  • Birth certificate certified copy
(register may waive for person over 62 years old)  
  • Death certificate certified copy
  • Birth record amendment
  • Death record amendment
  • Legitimations   
  • Delayed Births
  • Certified copies unless statute otherwise provides
$5 first page;
$2 ea. add’l page
  • Uncertified copies

Other Services

  • Notary public oath
  • Comparing copy for certification


The Iredell Register of Deeds office accepts electronically submitted documents for recording. If you are interested in submitting real estate documents electronically to the Register of Deeds, you will first need to contact one of the following vendors: EDL, Simplifile, INGEO or Indecomm. Your chosen vendor will assist you in setting up an account and handling funds. You will then obtain a Memorandum Of Understanding that will need to be signed and faxed to us. You will then be assigned an account number with Iredell County as a submitter. Please contact Deputy Jennifer Combs if you have questions. You may immediately begin e-recording after your account number is established.




Notary Applications

The Register of Deeds office administers notary public oaths for Iredell County notaries anytime between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.   Also, the office has a variety of notary forms available to the General public, including reappointment and change of Name/Change of Address.


Sole Proprietorship:
When starting a new business, it is required by law that you file an Assumed Name Certificate/DBA when creating a Sole Proprietorship or Partnership.  A sole proprietorship, also known as the sole trader or simply a proprietorship, is a type of business entity that is owned and run by one individual and in which there is no legal distinction between the owner and the business. The owner receives all profits (subject to taxation specific to the business) and has unlimited responsibility for all losses and debts. Every asset of the business is owned by the proprietor and all debts of the business are the proprietor's. Individuals creating a Sole Proprietorship or Partnership can do so with the form found above.  After completing this form, the fee to record is $26. Business checks and cash only are accepted for recording.

For information about filing taxes for a sole proprietorship or starting a new business, you may want to visit the IRS’s website here.  


Corporate Assumed Name Form:
If you have already created a Corporation, LLC, LLP or other entity and wish to do business under another assumed or fictitious name, you will need to use a Corporate Assumed Name Certificate.  When filling out this document, keep in mind that Company A is Doing Business As (DBA) Company B.  Company A is the owner of Company B.  The cost to record an Assumed Name Certificate is $26.

Our office handles filings for sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations doing business under an assumed name.  The NC Secretary of State’s office is responsible for filing documents creating LLCs, Corporations etc.  Their site might be helpful in establishing one of these entities.


Legal documents found in Iredell County
Register of Deed’s office.

Births:Records from 1913 to present date.  Records for persons born in Iredell County only.
Marriage: Records from 1893 to present date. 
Deaths: Records from 1913 to present date.   Records for persons deceased in Iredell County only.
Deeds: Records from 1788 to present.  Prior records recorded in Rowan County.
Deeds of Trust
UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) Fixture Filings only
Notary Public: Signature and expiration date on file for Iredell County only.
Right of Ways
Powers of Attorney
Separation Agreements
Military Discharges
Various Miscellaneous Documents

Wills are kept with the Iredell County Clerk of Court (704) 832-6600