Transportation Advisory Board
Meets the 3rd Monday of each quarter 12:00 pm. Locations of meeting will be posted 2 weeks before meeting. Meeting are open to the public and we would be delighted for you to attend.
The Transportations Advisory Board consist of a variety of people from all walks of life such as the elderly, disabled, low income, veterans, etc. The purpose of the Transportation Advisory Board is to assist ICATS in accomplishing its stated goal to provide safe and efficient transportation to the citizens of Iredell County and promote community support for participation in ICATS.
The TAB functions include:
1) Serve as a liaison between the residents of Iredell County and the county government concerning transportation issues.
2) Serve as the advisory body to Iredell County who serves as the lead agency in the operation of the Iredell County Area Transportation System (ICATS).
3) Recommend policy and make recommendations to the Transportation Coordinator and the Iredell County Board of Commissioners on the transportation needs of Iredell County citizens, particularly with respect to a coordinated and cost-effective approach to the delivery of transportation services to area human service agencies and the general public.
4) Work to stimulate and promote needed transportation services and programs for Iredell County residents.
5) Assist public, private non-profit, private, and voluntary agencies in providing transportation services to their clients.
6) Assist in the development and update of the Iredell County Community Transportation Improvement Plan (CTIP).
7) Perform other functions and responsibilities as may be requested or prescribed by the Iredell County Board of Commissioners.
Members of the Transportation Advisory Board are appointed by the Iredell County Board of Commissioners.
|Anna Rice||Council on Aging|
|Brad Stroud||Iredell County Veterans Affairs|
|David Bradley||Statesville Chamber of Commerce|
|Linda Bledsoe||Department of Social Services|
|Mamie Houston||Mitchell Community College|
|Melanie Tutterow||Iredell County Kidney Dialysis Organization|
|Rosa Foster||Iredell County Health Department|
|Teresa Myers||Iredell County Health Department|
|Fred Fischer||Iredell County resident|
|Sandie Vinson||Iredell County resident|
|David Crosby||Iredell County resident|
|Amanda Oody||DHHS Vocational Rehabilitation Services|